The Brain Buddy™ is a portable device which can help improve your mental fitness and performance.
~ New 2016 version of The Brain Buddy™ is now available, now incorporating CES technology and upgraded training sessions ~
The Brain Buddy™ uses the latest advances in neuro-technologies to provide a powerful, yet simple way to control, improve and manage your mental states.
The device is battery operated, providing portability in a variety of situations where you’d like improved mental performance – at home, at work, in education or in sport.
It integrates the technologies of audio-visual entrainment (AVE), cranial-electro stimulation (CES) and Heart Rate Variability (HRV) into one single device.
These technologies have been shown to:
- Improve focus and concentration
- Reduce anxiety
- Improve sleep
- Improve your mood
- Improve memory
- Improve IQ
- Boost your academic and cognitive performance
- Improve mental performance in sport or when under pressure
How does this work?
The AVE element of The Brain Buddy™ uses glasses emitting controlled pulses of light and headphones delivering pulses of sound. These carefully controlled frequencies can guide your brain to a different mental state. For instance, it may be to access a calmer more focused state before a high pressure situation in work or in a sports competition (yes, you can wear this in many sports and is not yet banned!)
The CES element of The Brain Buddy™ uses two ear clips which produce a small pulsed electrical current. This stimulates endorphins, serotonin and norepinephrine neurotransmitter production. Which studies have shown reduces anxiety, improves sleep and improves mood. The CES device may also be worn in situation while performing your activity. So a sports person such as a golfer or sporting clays shooter can use this to help maintain mental composure while under pressure. Or a student could use this while actively studying or in an exam.
The device is programmed with different sessions, suitable for different applications and objectives.
Benefits of Audio Visual Entrainment:
Mental Dissociation. The clearing of thoughts from the mind and physical relaxation, similar to what a Zen meditator would experience.
Cerebral blood flow increases. The blood flow within the brain can increase by up to 28% (Fox and Reichle 1985). Many cognitive and emotional disorders involves areas of the brain low in blood flow.
EEG activity changes. The concept of “entrainment” is about altering brainwave activity. It is possible to normalise brainwave activity to a healthier pattern and to assist in training an individual to control their brainwave activity for peak mental performance.
Benefits of Cranial-Electro Stimulation:
Most studies to date have shown CES as a reliable method to reduce anxiety and improve cognition in recovering alcoholics. Additional studies have shown CES to be an effective tool in reducing situational anxiety and improving IQ. Situational anxiety includes many things, such as seeing a dentist, writing exams, driving in busy traffic, job stress, performance in competitive sports.
Research to date is incomplete on the effects of using CES at various frequencies, citing both low and high frequencies can be effective for improving learning and reducing anxiety and pain. Many people who used CES along with AVE, have reported that they experienced deeper relaxation for prolonged periods of time. In addition to enhancing entrainment, CES increases neurotransmitter production. These neurotransmitters are necessary for information processing, memory, energy level and physical well-being.
- Have better control over your mental states throughout the day
- Eliminate mental stress and quickly relax
- Develop clarity of thought for better decision making
- Clear your mind from mental-overload
- Build mental flexibility so as not to be stuck in a single mind state
- Recover from jet-lag faster
- Learn to shift your brainwave activity to be in the optimal state for tasks
- Improve communication
- Learn presentations faster and relax before delivering them
- Improve group synergy & communication (team use of Brain Buddy™)
- Take a mini break / power-nap whenever you want to refresh yourself
- Increase mental stamina
- Learn how to get into the ideal brainwave states for accelerated learning
- Control nerves before an exam
- Improve your ability to focus and concentrate
- Develop mental flexibility to better memorise and recall information
- Relax and refresh your mind for prolonged mental stamina
- Aid learning and play pre-recorded material whilst in a memory state
- Improve your sleep to ensure maximum learning benefits
- Learn languages faster
Athletes / Sports people
- Increase your levels focus and concentration
- Get into a focused state prior to and during a competition
- Reduce mental fatigue
- Increase mental stamina
- Improve reaction time
- Reduce distractability from external stimulus
- Control nerves and anxiety
- Learn to switch mental states for an optimal performance
- Enable you to more easily enter “the zone” or flow state
- Refresh and clear your mind
- Get to sleep faster and enjoy a deeper sleep
- Feel more grounded and emotionally centered
- Help with Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Quickly enter a meditative state without spending months learning to meditate
- Help with seniors issues
- Develop a sense of well-being
- Stimulate blood flow and oxygenation within your brain
Please note, the Brain Buddy™ is a serious and powerful training aid and as such:
Use of the Brain Buddy™ is not suitable for those with photo-sensitive epilepsy, people with psychiatric disorders or those currently taking psychiatric medication. Should not be used for medical purposes. If you have any doubt about the suitability of audio-visual stimulation or cranial-electro stimulation for you, please contact your doctor or a qualified medical practitioner.
The Brain Buddy™ is a device which you can use at home or work to enhance your personal mental fitness. The Brain Buddy™ enables you to access mental states for optimal mental performance. It is also beneficial for enhancing sporting performance and for helping those with special educational needs such as ADD/HD.
To read more about the research on AVE click here.
How to purchase
New purchase options coming soon…