The value of brain training is becoming increasingly black and white – you save money and live longer. This month I have written two separate comments on recent research backing up the value of quality brain training. However here I want to promote that the two are intrinsicly linked. Brain training in a corporate environment can save companies billions of dollars / pounds each year. High quality brain training courses for an individual can mean you have more chance of living longer…
- Stress related illness cost the UK £28 billion each year
- This is a 1/4 of the UK’s sick bill
- More than 13 million working days a year are lost in the UK because of work related stress
- Stress is thought to contribute to coronary heart disease (CHD)
- More than $475 billion is spent annually in the USA treating CHD
- Meditation, or relaxing the brain, can reduce number of heart attacks and stroke by 47%
Brainwave training is a simple and cost effective way assist with these issues.